Friday, July 13, 2012

Endgame:


The time has come, faithful readers: Kate has conceded the Geek Throwdown.

I thought I would be eager to gloat.  I thought I would run triumphantly through the streets at dawn, half-naked and giddy, proclaiming my victory to any open window... but, much like finishing the last of the ice cream, waking up next to the sorority girl, arm-wrestling your 15 year old cousin, or polishing off the bottle of Aftershock, all I feel is disappointment and shame.

Don't act like you haven't been there. 

So instead of my crowning as King of All Book Geeks and subsequent benevolent reign of Geek Glory, let's do a video recap in the style of a posthumous lifetime achievement award:

In 7 months of competitive reading:
I read over 40 books totaling nearly 18,000 pages...
While working 60+ hours per week without a vacation...
Getting booted out of a 3 year relationship...
'Trending ascetic' aka Living Out of My Jeep For 2 Months...
Moving to a new state...
Significantly changing job responsibilities...
Training for a marathon...
Writing increasingly inane and obnoxious blog entries...
Finishing Alan Wake, Mass Effect 3, and Dragon Age: Origins...
Learning how to operate a 'smart phone'...
Playing Dungeons & Dragons...
and NOT LOSING MY SHIT. 

Ok.  Maybe I did win a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment