Thursday, April 12, 2012

The Corrections:

Mistakes were made.

There, I said it.  Now I'm going to take accountability for the actual mistakes, detail the very important corrections that need to be made, and provide more information about what has actually happened - which officially gives me more integrity than this asshole.

1.  After some very careful accounting, my Actual Very Official Page Count is... 11,996 pages. 

2.  Application of sophisticated data magic algorithms has provided the following analysis which you shall find both stimulating and life-changing:  I have read 31 books over 13 weeks for an average of 2.38 books per week, 11,996 pages over the same period for an average of 922.76 pages per week and an average of 386.96 pages per book, and a 'category break down' of 31% Fiction, 9% Nonfiction, 16% Mystery, 9% Steampunk, 25% Science Fiction, 3% Fantasy, and 6% History.  Categorical terms are subjective. 

3.  If I continue at the current pace, by the end of 2012 I'll have read 47,984.5 pages - not quite the 50,000 I'm shooting for, but close enough to consider it a possibility.  In my defense, I've been distracted lately.

These are serious times.  Stay informed, stay alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment