Sunday, January 15, 2012

It was a time of foolishness:

The shame.  The total shame.

Not only did I not come anywhere near my page total from last week, I only read ONE BOOK between the 7th and the 14th.  Granted, it was a good'un - Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy by John le Carre, and I followed its' finish up with seeing the excellent movie version last night... but damn.  One book, a whopping 380 pages to add to my total, and that's really it. 

I want to make excuses by saying that I did read an additional 200 pages in another (unfinished) book, I did have a hellaciously difficult week at work, I did read this month's Game Informer cover to cover, I did have a 2-hour online exam to take, and I did go to Greensboro to run, visit people, spend quality time with my girlfriend at fine eateries...  But the Throwdown doesn't accept excuses, and I'm guessing that neither will Kate.  She's been on vacation this whole time, living the fashionable life in L.A., probably getting ready to drop a shockingly large number on my unsuspecting head.  As of now, she is suspiciously silent on the matter.

One tactical update from the weekend - during my visit to Edward McKay's in Greensboro I picked up some 1200+ pages of Dickens, two novels I believe I can read quickly and therefore regain some ground.  I hope. 


WEEK TWO TOTAL: 1472.



No comments:

Post a Comment